Sunday, January 19, 2014

Read.

Since I began the process of road trip planning, I've fallen in love with reading (for the millionth time, probably) all over again.  My family reads.  When we were kids, my siblings and I would look forward to stopping by Barnes & Noble with dad before or after our movie at The Promenade to read a quick chapter or check out the latest Archie comic book.  I never used to read as much as my siblings in the beginning though.  I was a little behind in starting the Harry Potter series, and I didn't actually develop a love for books until I began those.  I was more of a read-Calvin&Hobbes-while-eating-cereal reader than a read-a-book-for-the-love-of-reading reader.  And then I fell in love with books & never looked back.  Now I love to read everything, and my road trip research has allowed me to enjoy this hobby even more recently.

If you follow my blog, then you've probably noticed that it's been a few months since my last post.  It's not because I forgot about my blog or because I was lazy.  It's because I was feeling uninspired.  I have several entries saved as drafts (as per usual & this will probably never not be true), as I have continued to research and take notes, but I was feeling like posting on my blog was a chore instead of something I enjoyed.

I want this entire road trip process, from planning to execution to recalling epic stories after the fact, to be something I enjoy. POSITIVE.  In recent weeks, writing wasn't something I found pleasure in.  But reading was and continues to be something I find most enjoyable.  So I will continue to read, and in doing so, research.  And I will share my findings, and my thoughts & my hopes for my trip.  But I will not allow sharing to become a chore.  I do want to keep myself accountable, and I think this blog will help me do so, but I will only reach for a pen & paper (or a keyboard) when I feel compelled, inspired to do so.  Not because it is something I feel I have a responsibility to do.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment