Saturday, September 7, 2013

FLLC.

Earlier this week, I emailed the camp director at Fortune Lake Lutheran Camp to let her know that I'm interested in working there next summer and to ask when the application will be available.  Fortune Lake is located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and it is the most beautiful, peaceful, God-filled, inspiring place I've ever experienced.  All who have the privilege of stepping foot on Fortune Lake grounds are destined to fall in love. FACT.  It is the greatest "Place of Grace" there ever was or will be!

Every summer, since the summer after 6th grade (with the exception of a few sad summers where I just couldn't make it work), I've attended Fortune Lake as either a camper, volunteer, or staff member.  It's a Bible Camp where you spend a week meeting new people who become your lifelong friends, building or re-building or starting a relationship with God, experiencing nature in its purest, most beautiful form, sweating in the sauna and then cooling off in the lake, singing worship songs in the dandelion-covered field, zipper hugging until your heart feels like it might explode with love, feasting on pudgie pies and s'mores and vagabond stew and pancakes and Oreo pudding, ending every perfect day with worship around a campfire, and growing in every good way...

Pastor Tracy (the camp director at FLLC) emailed me back saying that she's heard so much about me over the past two summers :) and is looking forward to talking to me more about next summer.  (& the applications will be ready either by the end of October or beginning of November.)  I feel good after emailing with her and I can't wait for the applications to be ready so I can fill mine out and send it in!

My timeline for the next year looks something like this:
  • September 2013 (now!) until May 2014: continue to work for Disney & spend every other waking moment dreaming about and planning for my road trip.
  • October or November 2013: apply for staffing position at Fortune Lake Lutheran Camp.
  • May 29th, 2014: make two years working for Disney at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa on Oahu. 
  • June 2014 through middle of August 2014: work at Fortune Lake (pending Pastor Tracy's decision to hire me or not.) 
  • Last two weeks of August 2014: spend time with Grama and Grampa at the Pharm and finish any last minute preparations for my road trip. 
  • September 1st, 2014: BEGIN ROAD TRIP! 
I think working at camp would be the perfect thing to get me in the right mindset for my road trip and kick-start my travels.  The timing for everything  just seems so perfect! :) Let's just hope & pray that everything falls into place... Sending positive vibes out into the universe-- this is what I want! Send a little extra out for me, too? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment