Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ready, Set, Start

The other day I Facetimed with my mama and our maps. :) As she is the road trip queen, my mother's the perfect candidate to help me plan.  My road trip will begin in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan from my Grama & Grampa's "Pharm" in Chassell. From there, I'll come down across the Mackinac Bridge and into lower Michigan. I'm so excited to explore more of Michigan! I spent every summer in the UP as a kid (and it is truly "God's Country"), but I've never been to Mackinac Island (as least not that I can remember).  Actually, one of my favorite ice cream flavors is Mackinac Island Fudge; how fun will it be to eat some there!! :)

My mom has a couple of cousins who live in Traverse City & Rogers City, and I'm hoping they'll want to show me around a little bit. Apparently there are awesome Cherry Festivals in that area too, and I think it'd be so fun to attend one while I'm in town!  I love festivals of any kind, but a cherry festival sounds extra spectacular. :)  

Anyway from Michigan I'll come down through Ohio, and then up through Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont and New Hampshire, all the way up to Maine.  I want to explore the East Coast from September-October and most likely into November because I hear its gorgeous in the Fall.  (Also, I'm really hoping to spend Halloween in Massachusetts.) So from Maine, I'll come down the coast and then probably travel around the south during the Winter where it will be a little bit warmer.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do for Christmas yet though. To have a White Christmas would be an absolute dream but I still have to look into that... :) 

After the east coast in the Fall and most likely the south during the Winter, I can't decide where to head next.  Should I go down along the bottom of the U.S. through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona etc.? Or up into the central states? I like the idea of doing the bottom half of the U.S. from east to west and then working my way back through the top half from west to east... But I haven't really figured out the logistics of that yet.  One step at a time, I guess! For now, I'm off to bed. :)

At least I know which direction I'll be heading in the beginning... Toward the Mackinac Island Fudge flavored ice cream! ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Add! So excited for this. We should totally meet up here in Ohio or Michigan. Not sure what hospital I'll be working at while you pass through (could be Ann Arbor, Toledo, or as far south as Columbus or some random small town in Ohio), but you can stay at my place if you need to. It will be my last year of school so I might even be doing a rotation in California... but obviously I'll be following along here during your planning process, so we'll see.

    Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete