Sunday, September 1, 2013

One.

One year from today, I will be embarking on a 9 month journey across America visiting every one of our fifty United States along the way.  For as long as I can remember, my family has taken road trips, and for as long as I can remember, road trips have been my absolute favorite thing in the world.  There's something so calming about the open road and I love that anticipation I always feel for what lies ahead.   As much as I love road trips, I love to travel. Doesn't everyone!? Yes. And as much as I'd like to explore the whole planet, I've decided to start with the fifty, nifty United States. There's so much to see in our own country, why not start here? So I am. One year from now-- September 1, 2014 my journey across America begins. You can watch (or read about, rather) the planning process here.

"It is very difficult to say where a voyage begins. First of course there must be a dream, a longing for out-of-the-way places."
--Peter Hamilton

1 comment: